Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bread when your Sick: Hot Drop Cheese Biscuits

I woke up at 5am this morning with a sore throat and signs that I am getting sick. There seems to be only one meal I want when I'm sick and that's Ham Bone Soup and Hot Drop Cheese Biscuits. I got the recipe from a cookbook years ago and I have perfected it. I'm not usually a big fan of biscuits but these are very special. I'm told that there excellent with tomato soup as well. I'm just not a big fan of tomato soup.

Hot Drop Cheese Biscuits
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground red pepper (its what the recipe call for but I like a little less)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup of shortening
1 cup skim milk

Combine first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl and cut in cheese and shortening with a pastry cutter. Add the milk and stir until ingredients are just moistened. Drop big heaping tbsp fulls onto a greased baking sheet. bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment